This brownie cake is a favorite cake of the main sweet tooth in our house. I always have all the necessary ingredients at home. It can be prepared both in the oven and on a stove in a ordinary frying pan. Depending on the duration of the baking, the cake is always different. So you can make a juicy and soft cake, or you can make it like a crispy cookie – up to you! Both options are good in their own special way.
To make your brownie healthier you can use ten dates (preliminarily processed in a blender with water) instead of sugar. But it is pretty hard to find sugar-free chocolate. So for a sugar-free version I need to work this recipe trough. Perhaps, cocoa powder and some extra oil can make a trick.
- 1 cup Whole Grain Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 50 g Dark Chocolate
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Flax Seeds grounded
- 100 ml Water
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- Pour three tablespoons of warm water to your flax seeds, and let it set for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, soda, salt, vanilla and chocolate (chopped into small pieces).
- Mix the liquid ingredients separately: melted coconut oil, soaked flax seeds, peppermint extract. Than add the mixture to the dry ingredients. You can also add all the liquid ingredients one by one straight to the dry mixture, it will also work.
- Mix liquid and dry ingredients together and add a little more water if needed. The dough should be quite malleable and it should not stick to your hands.
- Place the dough into a baking tray. You can bake the cake on a stove over the lowest heat in a greased frying pan with a lid on. Baking time from 20 to 40 minutes. The longer the baking time, the more the cake becomes like a chocolate chip cookie. You can also bake this cake in the oven on parchment paper. With temperature 180’C it will take about 30 minutes.
- After you remove the cake from the fire (or remove it from the oven), it is better to let the cake cool slightly and only then remove it from the baking tray (pan). It may even seem to you that the cake is not ready, that the dough is still liquid – but the reason for that is melted chocolate. Everything will be fine when the cake cools down a little. This cake needs not more than 40 minutes to bake.
Have a nice tea-time!
Do you like this recipe?
Please share your opinion about this recipe in the comments below! If you like this recipe and find it useful, share pictures of your amazing dish with hashtag #vizzinijournal. It is so nice to be connected with my readers! Subscribe to my Instagram, Facebook Page and YouTube channel! In Vizzini Journal Facebook Group we share news and useful information regarding veganism with my small commnity, support each other and share our experience on the way to optimal healthy and fulfilled lifestyle.
I appreciate your support and your interest in what I do!
Have a nice day!