Last updated: 9th of February 2023
Vizzini Journal (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.vizzinijournal.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online to contact us or to leave a comment
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
We may receive data indirectly because you have given permission to other organisations to share your data, or it is publicly available, for example your likes and preferences on social media and some websites depending upon your privacy settings, online platforms such as (but not exclusively) Facebook or Instagram.
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Manage your account and process your inquiries
- Email you with newsletters, notifications about new publications and services we think you might like.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
Marketing and Newsletters
We would like to send you information about new posts and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe any time.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may also use third-party Service Providers, such as Google Analytics, to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics (provided by Google) tracks website traffic and uses technologies such as cookies, web-server logs, web beacons and other technologies to help us to track and monitor the use of our Service.This data shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
The collected information may also be disclosed to other relevant third parties who use this data, for example, to evaluate the use of the website.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
In order to protect our website from attacks, to identify and block malicious traffic, we use Web Application Firewall (WAF), such as Wordfence, which collects following information
- search queries
- date and time of request
- referral URL
- IP address
- MAC address
- Device make, model and operating system version
- mobile network information
- internet service provider
- browser type and language
- country and time zone in which the Device is located
- metadata stored on the Device
- data about a User’s geographic location
from the site visitor and store this data for 90 days unless there is still malicious activity for that data in which case it is kept until no longer malicious.
In order to protect our website from spam and abuse (while letting real people pass through with ease) the Google service “reCAPTCHA” operates on our website.
Visitor comments may be checked through other automated spam detection service.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Analytics (_ga) – this cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors. This data may be stored for 2 years.
- Analytics (_gid) – this cookie is also installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form are stored for 1 day.
- Performance (_gat) – cookies installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the collection of data on high traffic sites. Stored for 1 minute
- Functional (pll_language) – this cookie is set by Polylang plugin for WordPress powered websites. The cookie stores the language code of the last browsed page. Stored for1 year.
- Other functionality cookies – these cookies are used to recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – these cookies are used to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
How do we store your data?
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. The data you enter in our contact form is handled completely on our site and may be deleted by your request.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Privacy policies of other websites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena.
What are your data protection rights?
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that us correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that us restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using contact form.
How to contact us
AMAZON AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE
The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services llc Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking stethoscope pros to amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.